Two of my favorite parts of the summer season is using an abundance of fresh ingredients and hosting happy hours on the porch with our friends after work. The days are longer, the snacks are fresher, and summer evenings are so magical. It is easy for me to work late, come straight home to homework, and get caught up on my daily task list. Jacob and my friends are so good for me. In this busy season of life, they remind me to take a breather, spend more time outside, and put a pause on the day to day whirlwind.
We hosted a happy hour on our porch last week and invited our friends over for desserts and drinks. I am normally a rule follower. But dessert before dinner is always a tasty decision, especially after a long day of work. Jacob and I have been experimenting with all sorts of different raspberry recipes since they are in season. We whipped up some Raspberry Mousse and Angel Food Cake Cups with Rosé and incorporated Driscoll raspberries! We enjoyed this refreshing dessert while sharing stories from our weeks, chatting about our upcoming summer plans, and spending quality time together.
Try this recipe for Raspberry Mousse & Angel Food Cake Cups for yourself and let me know what you think! P.S. I am food blog has my go to recipe for homemade Angel Food Cake Loaves. I follow the recipe step by step and it always turns out perfectly!
Be sure to check out the MN exclusive #Berrytogether Sweepstakes that Driscoll’s is running. You could win an all expense paid trip to Madden’s on Gill Lake and four first prize winners will win a year’s supply of raspberries.
- 2 cups fresh Driscoll's raspberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 envelope gelatin
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- Mix gelatin and cold water together. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Let stand for five minutes to solidify.
- Over medium heat, stir raspberries and sugar until sugar dissolves. Mash the berries to your desired texture.
- Stir gelatin into berries until it dissolves. Let cool mixture cool completely.
- Whip heavy cream and vanilla in stand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Fold in Driscoll’s raspberry mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, cut the angel food cake loaves into small cubes.
- Once all ingredients are cooled, layer cubes of angel food cake, raspberry mousse, fresh Driscoll's raspberries whip cream in individual serving bowls.
- Finally, garnish with a mint leaf and serve chilled.