This is especially put to the test on mornings I am running out the door. Hello Monday morning! I love breakfast, but on the way to the gym or work it is hard to prioritize sitting down for a meal. I can tell such a difference, however, when I do! My whole day is more productive and I simply feel better. On days with early mornings or a tight schedule, I have egg muffins in the freezer that are easy to warm up and take on the go! They provide so much protein and you can pack them with any veggies you want. The options are endless.
Since I am not a coffee drinker, I rotate around a few different warm drinks in the cold months. My latest obsession is homemade hot chaider. As assumed by the name, it is a combination of chai tea and hot apple cider. YUM! Our favorite coffee shop serves this and I set out to make up a recipe on my own. Since doing so, I’ve made it nearly every morning to take with on the commute to work. With egg muffins and Thermos brand bottle of chaider in hand, my mornings start out on the right foot!
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 chai tea bags
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- In a medium pot, bring water and apple cider to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for five minutes.
- Take off heat and add chai tea bags and cinnamon sticks to pot.
- Steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and one chai tea bag.
- Pour drink into Thermos brand bottle, leaving one chai tea bag in for added flavor.
How do you start your mornings off and what do you fill your Thermos brand bottle with?