Jake and I love, love, love white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. The mix of white chocolate and nuts within a chewy, soft cookie is absolutely delicious. For some reason, I never dared to make them from scratch. Maybe it is because none can really compare to Subway’s white chocolate macadamia cookies – ha! This weekend I decided it was time to give them a try and was impressed by how simple it is to whip up a batch. To make these cookies even more amazing, we turned them into white chocolate macadamia cookie sandwiches. It was quite possibly the best food idea of the summer yet!
Unique ice cream sandwich ideas have been popping up all over my Pinterest these days. There are so many fun frozen treats out there, and with fall just around the corner, it is time to make them all! These white chocolate macadamia cookie sandwiches capture all the goodness of the softest, yummiest cookies with refreshing vanilla bean ice cream sandwiched in between. Yum! This recipe would be great for entertaining, last summer hoorahs or an after dinner dessert.
When you decide to give it a try, here are a few tips and tricks to ensure success. First, make the cookies a day or two ahead of time. Since they are naturally so moist and chewy, they easily fall apart if you add the ice cream right away. Allowing the cookies to stiffen up a bit will make assembly of the ice cream sandwiches much easier. If you are going for aesthetics, add a few white chocolate chips to the top of each batter ball right before you place the cookies in the oven. This will make a few white chocolate chips noticeably stick out from the top! This recipe will make 12 cookies and 6 ice cream cookie sandwiches.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Beat room temperature butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Whisk in egg and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda and sea salt and mix until batter is combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts.
- Roll dough into tablespoon balls and place on baking sheet,
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Be careful to not over bake the cookies.
- After cooling completely, match the cookies together based on similar size.
- With an ice cream scoop, add two scoops of ice cream to half of the cookies.
- Add the other half of the cookies on top of the ice cream to form a sandwich.
- Use a spoon to round off the sides of the ice cream sandwiches.